So, these strawberries are from my own garden. Grown in organic compost, they taste divine! So soft, so sweet. They need no added sugar.
Yesterday I made a jar of strawberry jam from:
2.5 cups of strawberries
1 tbsp water
juice of 1 lemon
2 tsp of arrowroot
Because the strawberries were fresh I softened them in a pan by just adding all the ingredients together. I then did blits them in a blender, but suspect I maybe hadn’t have needed to.
I brought the whole concoction to the boil, then left it on a medium heat left for 50 minutes or so to thicken, stirring occasionally so as not to burn the pan. I knew when it was ready by drawing a spatula through and it left a space where the spatula had been for a couple of seconds before closing up. I then let it cool and then poured into a jar!
Very easy, and very yummy. If you’re using frozen strawberries I would definitely blits them in a blender first and then heat up with all the other ingredients.
I will have another go when more have ripened and will let you know!
- Its been so long!
- Reform: Stay hydrated!
- Refresh: No-sugar Strawberry Jam!
- Refresh: Homemade wild garlic pesto (again)
- We zijn er weer!
- Reform – the war on plastic continued
- Refresh: Natural ant repellent!
- Reform… my war on plastic!
- Reform: Side Stretch with Small Ball
- Refresh: Smile!
- Reform: Deep Core Training
- Refresh: The wonders of Bicarbonate of Soda!
- Refresh: Natural Soap. Why?
- Relax: Shinrin-Yoku. Japanese Forest Bathing.
- Reform: The Criss-Cross
- Reform: Exercise for good posture and strong abs
- Relax: Grounding
- Refresh: Plastic! Not so fantastic!
- Reform, Refresh, Relax
- Welcome to my Blog!
- Welkom op Debbie’s blog